General Manager - Manchester, Greater Manchester
Hours: 40 hours per week
The day to day management and medium term planning of the entire complex and the management, training and development of all staff. The position entails working flexible hours to provide management cover at all times.
To provide a quality, effective and efficient service to users of GOALS facilities and to take the leading role within the site to develop sales and marketing plans to promote and maximise income opportunities.
Overview of main duties and responsibilities:
- To supervise all employees including reception, bar, security staff and referees employed by GOALS, ensuring the highest standard of service is provided to all customers and guests at the facility.
- To contribute to the development of 3 - 6 monthly sales and marketing activities to develop all aspects of the business with specific focus on weekend and off peak periods.
- Driving sales within the facility to maximize income at all times.
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of other Centre based management staff.
- To ensure sound administration procedures are followed in line with the Company Operations Manual and ensure that Company reporting procedures are followed at all times.
- To ensure the Company Health & Safety policy is fully implemented and that all key staff are trained in first -aid and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Chair weekly management meetings to ensure strong communications and chair occasional meetings with other designations of staff.
- Ensure all cash and stock reconciliation procedures within the facility are followed as dictated by Company policy.
- To ensure that all facilities, fixtures and fittings within the Branch are maintained to a high standard internally and externally.
- To co-ordinate the ordering of stock/goods and services as required to ensure the branch operates smoothly and effectively.
- Such other duties as may be necessary from time to time, compatible with the nature of the post. It should be noted that this list is not exhaustive and serves simply to give an overall view of the position and key responsibilities of the post.
- Birthday Holiday
- Paid breaks
- Pension scheme
- Access to employee assistance careline for you and your family
- Bonus scheme based on KP’s
- Team incentives
- 50 % Discount on Goals related products (parties function hire, food)
- Free individual pitch hire
- Annual events – Christmas night out
- Uniform provided
- Fantasy football team league with prizes