Facilities Assistant - Wanstead Youth Centre - Wanstead, London
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - 40 hours per week
Wanstead Youth Centre are recruiting for a hardworking and dedicated Facilities Assistant to join the team!
This is a perfect venue for clubs, boasting a Main Hall, Large Sports Hall and a fully equipped Music Recording Studio.
We pride ourselves on our brand mission to ‘provide places where people and communities can thrive!’
- To ensure that the Youth Centre is cleaned and maintained at the highest standard.
- To provide a safe and secure environment for employees and customers.
- To provide a courier/delivery and collection service across sites.
- To undertake general porterage duties.
- To set up/clear down of halls for functions and lettings as required.
- To oversee facility lettings and hires.
- To undertake basic repairs, maintenance service and decoration.
- To comply with all relevant Health and Safety regulations.
- Must be hardworking, able to undertake physical work and have a positive “can-do” attitude.
- To be able to work on own initiative and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Caretaking experience would be an advantage.
- This post will involve lone working, evening, weekend and bank holiday working.
In return, we can offer the successful Facilities Assistant additional benefits which include pension scheme membership, annual performance reward, a learning and development programme and enhanced annual leave entitlements. We also offer a benefits package which includes discounts on exclusive retailer, discounted Gym membership and an employee Assistant Programme with access to a 24 hour GP service and more.
Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure provides a wide range of facilities and services on behalf of the London Borough of Redbridge which includes Leisure Centres, Libraries, Redbridge Museum, Local Studies and Archives, Parks, Open Spaces, Country Parks, Sport and Physical Activity, Arts, Events, Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre and Hall Lettings.
Vision - Redbridge Culture & Leisure aims to increase participation, accessibility and inclusivity across its services, developing partnerships and sharing best practice throughout facilities.