We are looking for a Head Chef to join our team at Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa in Axbridge, Somerset. Fantastic competitive salary!
This is a permanent position to work full time hours. This will be 40 hours across 5 variable days including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Flexibility is essential to suit the needs of the business.
Darwin Escapes has 24 amazing destinations across the United Kingdom, each of which has its own unique offering. Whether you are looking for a role in food and beverage, grounds, maintenance, housekeeping, entertainment or at a management level then the Darwin family will have the career waiting for you!
The successful Head Chef will
- Take charge of all portion, stock and quality control ensuring only the best dishes are served to our guests.
- Ensure the kitchen and all work area are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Lead the team and ensure fair rotas are completed, training is provided and motivation is high within the team.
- Ensure consistent and prompt preparation and food service.
- Stock ordering and stock rotation.
- Ensure published menus and special boards have correct information, spelling and prices.
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations.
Previous experience within a busy kitchen environment is essential. Catering qualifications and Level 3 Food Safety are essential. A driving licence with the ability to drive is an advantage to enable easy travel to and from the retreat.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement.
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK.
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools.
- Food discount across all resorts.
- Discounts on spa treatments.
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus.
- *100% work attendance bonus.
- *Company employee sick pay.
- Compassionate leave pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Health Shield cash plan.
*Subject to terms and conditions
Why work for us:
‘Darwin Escapes is successful because of our Team, who are like minded, dedicated and committed to delivering outstanding standards and customer experience. This is how we support each other to carve those life long memories for our holiday home owners, holiday guests and golf members and visitors’ – Lindsey Esse, Managing Director.