Duty Manager - Dorchester, Dorset
1610 is a fast developing and forward-thinking Charitable Leisure Trust and we love giving everyone a fitter future by championing active living. So, give your career a full-body workout, and put the action back into job satisfaction.
As a Duty Manager, you will inspire and energise the team at Dorchester Sports Centre to hit their personal best in providing our customers with the 1610 experience.
Everyday is different which means there is always a fresh challenge so you will need to use your initiative and creativity, juggling the day-to-day challenges of operating the Centre and Swimming Pool.
Your main role and responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the day to day operational running of the centre and the team, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and visual presentation.
- Ensuring you and your team deliver a high standard of customer service.
- Assisting with driving the business forward; sharing your ideas and helping keep 1610 fit for the future.
- Assisting the General Manager by holding small budgets for specific areas.
- Staying calm and acting professionally and efficiently when dealing with situations as appropriate.
- First Aid at Work Qualification
- NPLQ Qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends or irregular hours
- Level 2 Fitness Qualification
- NVQ 2 Leisure Operations
- NVQ in Customer Service Qualification
- Experience within a pool plant setting
- Pool Plant qualification
The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Check.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: From £20,857 - £22,630 per annum (pro rata for part time hours)
Closing date: Wednesday 18 May 2022