Chef - Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: Up to £28,470.00 per year.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent.
- A catering position like no other; Guaranteed Friday or Saturday evening off, typical evening shift finish 8pm.
- Permanent role, 5 days a week with Christmas Period time off.
- Career progression opportunities available.
- Stunning location.
- Up to £ 28,470.00 per year.
PGL are looking for enthusiastic Chefs to join our catering team.
Our guests spend their day’s mountain biking, climbing, quad-biking and orienteering and building up a large appetite so our Chefs are crucial in keeping our staff and guests happy. Using as many fresh ingredients as possible, you'll provide first class nutritious meals. In this position you'll report to the Head Chef and be able to develop your all-around catering skills and awareness. This includes food preparation, cooking, the ordering and accounting of stock and supervision of staff. This position provides a great development opportunity for an aspiring candidate looking to progress towards Head Chef.
As a chef at PGL you will foster the learning and development of staff, and play a central part in developing the catering team through maintaining a rewarding and supportive environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing food and managing the catering team to ensure excellent food and service.
- Overseeing the catering team, including their training.
- Complying with PGL’s Health and Safety and environmental standards.
- Managing the financial aspects of the team to ensure effective cost control.
- Managing and developing yourself as an individual.
- Assisting with other duties required for the running of PGL centre operations.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced caterer, ideally with experience of working in a high-volume catering environment. You will be confident dealing with dietary requirements, have excellent organisational skills and work well under pressure. You will have a flexible approach, going the extra mile when required alongside managing your own time and workload effectively. You will have the ability to manage your team in a fair, consistent and respectful manner and be effective in developing and encouraging positive internal and external partnerships. A Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering is desirable.
The role is offered as a full time, permanent position working 42 hours over 5 days.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community, including those with disabilities.