Operations Manager - Dumfries and Galloway Region
Operations Manager – EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES IN NEW HOTEL OPENING!
Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel will be opening this year and we are currently recruiting a team! Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel’s striking design is inspired by former resident who was a British Naval Officer renowned for making many important discoveries during his Antarctic voyage. Contemporary design elements throughout the property are inspired by this expedition in a way that evokes curiosity among guests to learn more about the fascinating history behind the building.
The hotel will have approx. 62 rooms, likely consisting of compact doubles to superior family rooms with free Wifi available for all guests. There will be a restaurant, bar and there will be on-site parking.
Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel is a part of Splendid hospitality Group. SHG is one of the UKs fastest growing privately-owned hotel groups. As a family run business, people are at the very heart of its success, a place where everyone becomes parts of the Splendid family. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences, positively impact lives, and get better every day – it’s the ‘Splendid Hospitality Way’ which is our way of looking after everybody to help them succeed, have fun and keep guests and our Splendid team members happy.
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Use of worldwide IHG team member rates
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Your role in our family:
The role of Operations Manager is to oversees the complete day-to-day operations of the hotel ensuring that each department works in alignment to provide consistent and exceptional service delivery to guests. This individual will implement and embed company and brand policies and procedures which will ensure that the hotel is responsibly run and compliant, as well as maximizing hotel revenue stream (Rooms , F&B , M&E , Other sales) through agreed Sales, Marketing and Revenue strategies delivering a consistent and predictable profit margins.
- Understand and support revenue development strategy and deliver consistent and predictable bottom line results for the hotel.
- Ensure the hotel has the right people, in the right place at the right time by effectively recruiting , leading and develop a highly motivated and flexible team maintaining exceptional standards of product and service delivery and constantly exceeding customer expectations..
- To run a responsible business as demonstrated by full compliance with external legislative and statutory requirements as well as internal operational control checks;
- To fully support the implementation of Group and Brand projects and policies
What happens next
Does the Operations Manager role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.