Head Chef - Dumfries and Galloway
EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES IN NEW HOTEL OPENING!
Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel will be opening this year and we are currently recruiting the team! Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel’s striking design is inspired by former resident who was a British Naval Officer renowned for making many important discoveries during his Antarctic voyage. Contemporary design elements throughout the property are inspired by this expedition in a way that evokes curiosity among guests to learn more about the fascinating history behind the building.
The hotel will have approx. 62 rooms, likely consisting of compact doubles to superior family rooms with free Wifi available for all guests. There will have a restaurant, bar and there will be on-site parking.
Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel is a part of Splendid hospitality Group. SHG is one of the UKs fastest growing privately-owned hotel groups. As a family run business, people are at the very heart of its success, a place where everyone becomes parts of the Splendid family. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences, positively impact lives, and get better every day – it’s the ‘Splendid Hospitality Way’ which is our way of looking after everybody to help them succeed, have fun and keep guests and our Splendid team members happy.
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Use of worldwide IHG team member rates
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Your role in our family:
As a Head Chef, key to your role is to:
- Monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply
- Participate in HACCP procedure according to company's Food Safety Management document
- Maintain correct use of cleaning rota and closing down procedures
- Have accountability for day to day running of kitchen service
- Undertake training and development as appropriate and keep apprised of developments n his/her field of expertise.
- Carry out any other duties as appropriate to the post and as requested by the General Manager, Operations Manager.
- Review training with junior members of staff and carry out SPM/Appraisal as required.
- Take every opportunity to discuss ideas with customers and obtain constructive feedback.
What happens next
Does the Head Chef role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.