Head Housekeeper - Dumfries and Galloway
EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES IN NEW HOTEL OPENING!
Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel will be opening this year and we are currently recruiting the team! Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel’s striking design is inspired by former resident who was a British Naval Officer renowned for making many important discoveries during his Antarctic voyage. Contemporary design elements throughout the property are inspired by this expedition in a way that evokes curiosity among guests to learn more about the fascinating history behind the building.
The hotel will have approx. 62 rooms, likely consisting of compact doubles to superior family rooms with free Wifi available for all guests. There will have a restaurant, bar and there will be on-site parking.
Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel is a part of Splendid hospitality Group. SHG is one of the UKs fastest growing privately-owned hotel groups. As a family run business, people are at the very heart of its success, a place where everyone becomes parts of the Splendid family. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences, positively impact lives, and get better every day – it’s the ‘Splendid Hospitality Way’ which is our way of looking after everybody to help them succeed, have fun and keep guests and our Splendid team members happy.
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Use of worldwide IHG team member rates
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Your role in our family:
Our Head Housekeeper will oversee the housekeeping and laundry operations to ensure exceptional quality standards are met and maintained, thereby enabling an optimum service to be delivered throughout Guest Stay. You will be able to...
- Maintain impeccable levels of cleanliness and hygiene and to ensure operating costs of controlled and minimised
- Equally ensure all Splendid and IHG brand standards are achieved.Lead a team of housekeeping staff to peak performance through strong hand-on performance coaching and capability-building.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increasing productivity.
- Maintain proper inventory levels, managing cost per room for supplies and labour (example: bed & bath linen reuse and laundry operation).
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
What happens next
Does the Head Housekeeper role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.