Maintenance Manager - Dumfries and Galloway
EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES IN NEW HOTEL OPENING!
Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel will be opening this year and we are currently recruiting the team! Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel’s striking design is inspired by former resident who was a British Naval Officer renowned for making many important discoveries during his Antarctic voyage. Contemporary design elements throughout the property are inspired by this expedition in a way that evokes curiosity among guests to learn more about the fascinating history behind the building.
The hotel will have approx. 62 rooms, likely consisting of compact doubles to superior family rooms with free Wifi available for all guests. There will have a restaurant, bar and there will be on-site parking.
Mercure Dumfries Cargenholm House Hotel is a part of Splendid hospitality Group. SHG is one of the UKs fastest growing privately-owned hotel groups. As a family run business, people are at the very heart of its success, a place where everyone becomes parts of the Splendid family. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences, positively impact lives, and get better every day – it’s the ‘Splendid Hospitality Way’ which is our way of looking after everybody to help them succeed, have fun and keep guests and our Splendid team members happy.
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Use of worldwide IHG team member rates
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Your role in our family:
As a Maintenance Manager, key to your role is to:
- Liaise with Hotel Management/Housekeeping Team and staff to carry out required painting, redecoration and general maintenance duties.
- Determine the most cost effective approach to achieving a durable and quality decorative finish.
- Carry out preparation/repair/application of finishing products as necessary.
- Undertake both responsive and planned maintenance of painting and decoration
- Carry out a maintenance, repair and installation work
- Execute workmanship using own initiative, to a high standard and ensure it is carried out in strict compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, and any other relevant legislation covering safety in the workplace for self and others.
- Carry out inspections of occupied and empty rooms to determine the extent of painting, decoration and general maintenance required. Having established the need, carry out the most cost effective and expedient means of completing the works. This will be achieved through efficient preparation/repair/ application of decorative products and general maintenance activities.
- Carry out all necessary administrative work associated with departmental management requirements accurately and timely record all processes from receiving jobs through to completion including invoice pre-processing.
- Monitoring monthly reports and keeping all up to date
- Monitoring and reporting weekly/monthly H&S tasks on Health and Safety Portal
- Good level of physical fitness, including the ability to lift, work at heights and in differing conditions.
- To undertake all training as required (e.g. first aid, health and safety, customer service).
The ideal candidate will be:
- Friendly, motivated and passionate about delivering excellent service.
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to develop further with the company.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Great communication skills.
- Energetic, passionate and responsible individual.
What happens next
Does the Maintenance Manager role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.