Receptionist, Guest Service AssistantGuest Service Assistant, Ibis Styles, Heathrow East
This role is based mainly in the reception area, restaurant and kitchen, as Guest Service Assistant your responsibilities include: upselling the hotel and local area plus overseeing a busy reception area, dealing with guests checking in/out, enquiries, whilst also having the experience to work in the bar, kitchen and restaurant areas, being flexible within their role supporting any department in line with business demands.
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Use of worldwide Accor team member rates
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Ibis Styles Heathrow East is part of Splendid Hospitality Group. SHG is one of the UKs fastest growing privately-owned hotel groups. As a family run business, people are at the very heart of its success, a place where everyone becomes parts of the Splendid family. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences, positively impact lives, and get better every day – it’s the ‘Splendid Hospitality Way’ which is our way of looking after everybody to help them succeed, have fun and keep guests and our Splendid team members happy.
It works! If you are happy, it’s easy to deliver genuine service and create those extraordinary experiences.
Ibis Styles Heathrow East is:
Your role in our family:
- 5-10 minutes by taxi from Hounslow Central Underground Station, Piccadilly line
- 16 minutes’ walk from Hounslow Central Underground Station, Piccadilly line.
- 10 minutes by taxi from Isleworth and Hounslow Train stations.
- Take Bus No 111 towards Kingston from Heathrow Central Bus Station and get off at Great West Road Lampton (Stop HL). Walk for 10 minutes to the hotel.
At Ibis Styles Heathrow East you can expect every comfort, lots of little extras, plus fun design touches - all at a great price. With its stunning décor, inspired by the style of 1920s Art Deco, ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport East is a treat for the eyes, as well as offering vintage comfort and service that will leave you feeling refreshed. Come and join our Unique, creative, joyful and innovative team
As a Guest Service Assistant, key to your role:
What happens next
- To operate the hotel reception (24hr) to the agreed hotel standards
- Ensuring the set up of the restaurant and bar for mealtimes
- Basic meal production, with Food Safety and Hygiene practises followed
- Maintaining of buffets and clearing/sanitising of tables in restaurant area
- To maintain the reception, food and beverage outlets, public areas, stores, back office and staff areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Deal with any guest queries/complaints in a polite and friendly manner ensuring guest satisfaction
- All complaints, comments, special requests and other business to be recorded in the daily handover log.
- To clearly communicate with other departments to ensure minimal impact on guest service.
- To promote Brand Loyalty Club, through acknowledgements and new sign ups
- To operate the bar and restaurant to the agreed hotel standards
- To ensure that all monies are kept in a safe and secure area adopting the hotels cash handling procedures.
- To ensure all rooms are turned around in an efficient manner
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to guests at all times and striving to increase guest satisfaction and Trip Advisor scores and reviews.
Does the Guest Service Assistant role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.