Hotel Front Office Team Leader - Chessington, Surrey
Hours: Full time & part time, fully flexible. Fixed term contract until November 2022. Working weekends and bank holidays as required.
Benefits: Hourly rate of £9.84, exclusive discount on our animal VIP experiences, ongoing training opportunities and a Merlin Magic Pass - 20 free tickets for you, your family and friends to enjoy all of our Merlin Attractions across the world, plus much more!
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Front Office Team Leader. In this role you will be the face of our hotels. Our reception team, are dynamic and motivated to deliver engaging & memorable guest experiences, to both our families and corporate guests. This role is focused on maximizing revenue and delivering the highest levels of guest care. Leading the team, you will ensure a flawless daily operation and will be a brand ambassador for the Chessington World of Adventures Resort and Merlin. You will of course be involved in recruiting, training and constant development of your team to be confident, engaging and focused team players.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
- Experience in a similar role and looking for your next wild adventure.
- Ideally you will have a hotel background with experience in rooms division in a property of a similar size.
- You will be used to leading from the front, confident enough to make informed decisions.
- An excellent communicator and might even be able to speak a second language.
- You will have high standards and will be smart and friendly in appearance.
- Ideally with the passion to grow within Merlin & further your career
- Experience of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience of Opera PMS would also be an advantage although this is not essential.
If this sounds like something you could do, then complete our short application (no CV needed!)
You could then be in with the chance of an invitation to one of our hiring events where you could get the job on the day!
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects. These include access to our Merlin benefits page with discounts on over 1000 fashion and electronic retailers, restaurants, and travel, as well as 25% discount in our on-site retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.