Park Cleaner - Chessington, Surrey
Hours: Full time & part time, fully flexible. Fixed term contract from March 2022 to November. Working weekends and bank holidays as required.
Benefits: Hourly rate of £6.56 - £8.91, exclusive discount on our animal VIP experiences, ongoing training opportunities and a Merlin Magic Pass - 20 free tickets for you, your family and friends to enjoy all of our Merlin Attractions across the world, plus much more!
About the Role
Guests visit Chessington World of Adventures Resort for Britain’s wildest adventure and the presentation of our resort is important as part of guest satisfaction and enjoyment. If you would like to join our Park Cleaning team to help in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the park cleaning, then this could be for you!
There are two key roles available in this department:
The Washroom & Presentation Attendants
- Maintaining & cleaning one of our washrooms across the resort to maintain high standards for our guests.
- Emptying recycling bins across the resort on one of our dedicated areas, sweeping areas of litter and debris.
- Supporting other departments with cleaning.
- All areas of waste & recycling, on park bins & back of house areas bins.
- Keeping all waste collecting areas clean and clear of litter, hazards, and debris, managing waste in all silo bins across the resort.
The Waste & Recycling Hosts
(driving licence needed)
- Driving company vehicles to remove all waste streams across the resort.
- Using compactors, front loader, and waste sortation with skips.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for providing excellent guest service. You will need to be a good team player & communicator as well as proactive and hardworking to succeed in this hands-on role. The ability to take on responsibility and work on your own initiative is a must.
If this sounds like something you could do, then complete our short application (no CV needed!)
You could then be in with the chance of an invitation to one of our hiring events where you could get the job on the day!
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects. These include access to our Merlin benefits page with discounts on over 1000 fashion and electronic retailers, restaurants, and travel, as well as 25% discount in our on-site retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.