Cafe Manager - Oxford
- Monday - Friday
- 7 - 3.30
- Meal provided on shift
Do you thrive on ensuring the highest levels of service to your clients and customers? Do you like using your entrepreneurial skills to create a thriving and successful working environment? If your answer is yes then BaxterStorey has the role for you!
If you're looking for a career that offers flexibility, excitement, and progression, then contract catering could be for you! At BaxterStorey our career opportunities span industries from retail fashion to motorsport within roles across marketing, people development, sustainability, supply chain and more. Working late nights or weekends are rare, giving you that important work/life balance - that's right you can work in hospitality and not work Saturday nights! We invest heavily in training and development to give our people the confidence and industry knowledge to push the boundaries of hospitality excellence. There is endless opportunity to climb the career ladder (at any age or stage of your career!) and we offer over 500 courses across our business, from NVQ qualifications to our award-winning Chef Academy.With us
, a successful career starts with a shot of passion, a dollop of creativity and a generous helping of positivity. As one big family, our people are proud of what we do. We don't offer jobs - we offer career opportunities, working across many exciting sectors. As a Cafe Manager
you thrive on getting the best out of people, you draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting a team. You provide a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met.
- Assist in ensuring that the location achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget.
- Monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Be passionate about the Coffee Bar operation and be aware of new concepts and ideas in the industry and on the high street that may enhance the current offer
- Actively encourage staff to research new trends and to make suggestions for the Coffee Bar
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
- Ensure that customers are given an efficient and enjoyable customer experience and that their service and value expectations are consistently exceeded.
As the Cafe Manager
you will have experience in a management role
ideally in contract catering or hospitality and be degree educated or equivalent. You will possess excellent management and communication skills, and have a good understanding of report writing and financial management. You will be able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving and have the ability to display a real passion for beverage and customer service and be financially and commercially astute.
Benefits: We provide you with competitive holiday, pension, life insurance, excellent training and development. You will also have access to our well-being platform (REACH) which will provide you with lots of great information and HAPI, our discounts and benefits platform with offers you fabulous savings for you to enjoy from high street shops to holidays and cinemas.
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you.
Ready to join us? Apply today!