Deputy General Manager - London
Deputy General Manager
- 40 hour contract
- Mon-Fri only - no weekends!
- All bank holidays off work
If you're looking for a career that offers flexibility, excitement, and progression, then contract catering could be for you! At BaxterStorey our career opportunities span industries from retail fashion to motorsport within roles across marketing, people development, sustainability, supply chain and more. Working late nights or weekends are rare, giving you that important work/life balance - that's right you can work in hospitality and not work Saturday nights!
We invest heavily in training and development to give our people the confidence and industry knowledge to push the boundaries of hospitality excellence. There is endless opportunity to climb the career ladder (at any age or stage of your career!) and we offer over 500 courses across our business, from NVQ qualifications to our award-winning Chef Academy.
Winner of team of year 2019! Catering for up to 2000 employees (breakfast, lunch & 2 coffee bars). We're looking for a fun, creative & friendly addition to our team who is able to cope under pressure/enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Deputy General Manager benefits:
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free meal on shift
- Bespoke training and development including degree level apprenticeships and Masters
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays and cinemas
What would we like from our Deputy General Manager?
- You thrive on getting the best out of people, you draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting a team
- You provide a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met
- Have experience in a Assistant Manager role ideally in contract catering or hospitality.
- Good understanding of report writing and financial management.
- Possess excellent supervisory and communication skills
- Good delegation and influencing skills
- Able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving
- Have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
Deputy General Manager requirements:
- Assist the Manager in ensuring that the location achieves the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget
- Support the Catering Manager in co-ordinating and managing the recruitment and selection process
- Motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts
- Work with the manager to monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
- Ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and that their food service and value expectations are consistently exceeded.
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you.
Ready to join us? Apply today!