Maintenance Officer - Kingsbridge, Devon
FSC Slapton, Kingsbridge, Devon
37.5 hours per week
We are looking for a Maintenance Officer with experience in general interior and exterior maintenance work, experience of health and safety monitoring & record keeping, the ability to deliver quality craftmanship as well as experience of the safe use & care of relevant machinery and equipment for indoor and outdoor maintenance tasks.
The successful applicant will need to hold a driving licence as they will be required to drive FSC vehicles. Experience of grounds maintenance is desirable with some digital skills also being desirable. Good practical problem-solving skills and the ability to work using own initiative are a must.
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate:
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of their work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays – 28 days excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
Applications will be considered upon arrival.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Slapton and are TBC.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
We want to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it.
As an Investors in People charity, we realise that to achieve our vision we need diverse teams of staff who have a wide range of skills, a real passion for the work of the charity and pride in their role within it. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference and every role is vital to delivering our mission and vision…if this inspires you, we would love to hear from you.