Part-Time Hospitality & Catering Assistants - Betws-y-coed, Nr. Conwy
FSC Rhyd-y-creuau, Betws-y-coed, Conwy
Up to £10.08 per hour plus benefits
We currently have two positions available working 25.5 & 30 hours per week.
If your preference is to work in either housekeeping or catering, please advise at the point of application; alternatively, we can discuss this with you at interview.
Field Studies Council
Leading Outdoor Learning
Inspiring everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about our environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. FSC is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
Overall Job purpose:
As an integral team player your main purpose will be working in the kitchen, service and housekeeping operations to ensure the centre is clean and tidy at all times. Some amount of food handling will be required as well as general housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning, laundry and maintaining high hygiene standards.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - pro-rata of 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Accommodation and food during working hours can be provided on a chargeable basis
Applications will be considered on arrival.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
Interviews will be scheduled to take place at FSC Rhyd-y-creuau as appropriate.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email.
We want to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it.
As an Investors in People charity, we realise that to achieve our vision we need diverse teams of staff who have a wide range of skills, a real passion for the work of the charity and pride in their role within it. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference and every role is vital to delivering our mission and vision…if this inspires you, we would love to hear from you.