Casual Cook - Conwy, Snowdonia
FSC Rhyd-y-creuau, Nr Conwy, Snowdonia
Up to £11.58 per hour
Casual basis – work is offered as required
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Casual Cook to join our small friendly team, working at a field centre catering for groups of all ages, resident and non-resident, based in the rugged landscape of the Snowdonia National Park.
Work/Life balance - No late shifts. Finish time normally 8pm at the latest
Overall Job purpose:
Our Casual Cooks will work on an ad-hoc ‘as required’ basis in line with business need to provide additional support to our core team during busy periods. You will assist with the quality delivery of service to our incoming groups. Invariably we cater for a wide range of diets including vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, nut free etc so require an experienced person to devise and cook meals for between 10 -100 visitors.
We’re looking for someone with previous catering experience, a relevant catering qualification, a Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate and the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, line managers and customers.
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
Applications will be considered on arrival.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications.
Interviews will be held at FSC Rhyd-y-creuau as appropriate.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
We want to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it.
As an Investors in People charity, we realise that to achieve our vision we need diverse teams of staff who have a wide range of skills, a real passion for the work of the charity and pride in their role within it. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference and every role is vital to delivering our mission and vision…if this inspires you, we would love to hear from you.