Cook - Near Williton, Somerset
FSC Nettlecombe Court, Williton, Somerset
Up to £11.58 per hour plus benefits
37.5 hours per week
Up to £2,400 pro rata Golden Hello Payment available (Terms and Conditions apply)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Cook to join our small friendly team, working at a field centre catering for groups of all ages, resident and non-resident, based in a secluded valley at the eastern edge of Exmoor National Park.
Work/Life balance - No late shifts. Finish time normally 8pm at the latest.
Overall Job purpose:
Our Cooks are key to the centre’s catering team, you will deputise to the lead cook and assist with the quality delivery of service to our incoming groups. Invariably we cater for a wide range of diets including vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, nut free etc so require an experienced person to devise and cook meals for up to 120 visitors. You will also assist with the supervision of a small catering team.
We’re looking for someone with previous catering experience, a relevant catering qualification, a minimum of Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate and the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, line managers and customers.
- Cooking and delivering of breakfasts and evening meals: set mealtimes with one or two sittings and two to three menu choices at each
- Ensuring all meals are produced in line with health and hygiene regulations
- Accurately completing all monitoring and recording paperwork i.e. HACCP
- Assisting with the compilation of a varied range of menus
- Assisting with the induction and in-house training of the catering team
- Provision of light lunches or packed lunches for residential groups, as required
- Preparation of home baked items for packed lunches, afternoon teas and supper
- Assisting with sourcing suppliers, stock control, and placing orders
- Receiving deliveries and ensuring they are checked, recorded and correctly stored on arrival
- Ensuring that catering equipment is appropriately maintained
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Accommodation and food during working hours can be provided during the season on a chargeable basis
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 31 May 2022.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications.
Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Nettlecombe Court as appropriate.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
We want to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it.
As an Investors in People charity, we realise that to achieve our vision we need diverse teams of staff who have a wide range of skills, a real passion for the work of the charity and pride in their role within it. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference and every role is vital to delivering our mission and vision…if this inspires you, we would love to hear from you.