SEO & Digital Content Executive - Edinburgh
At Fridays we're famous for our pride, passion & personality.
So along with mouth-watering food and tempting drinks, we bring fun, friendliness and an extra large helping of good vibes to the table. It's what makes every day seem like Friday. We've been busy wowing our guests since 1965 when we opened our first restaurant in New York. But, we never rest on our laurels. We work hard to help recreate that Fridays Feeling for our guests... each and every day.
Behind every great unique Fridays experience, are our great Managers and Team! They are the heart and soul of everything we do, which is why we're looking for a brilliant and passionate SEO & Digital Content Executive to join our Marketing Team here at Fridays.
This diverse role includes blog writing, support with web page builds and publishing, as well as critical analysis of all aspects of SEO.
You should have the ability to produce and act on technical SEO audits to improve page and website ranking and performance, by being able to suggest and act on findings based on data metrics and be confident using various SEO tools.
This is a hybrid role, with flexibility to work from home and from our Digital Hub in Edinburgh.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Digital Implementation Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of our digital marketing. Your specific duties will include the following:
- Conducting SEO audits and suggesting improvements from a mobile first approach.
- Blog writing and publishing on a weekly basis, ensuring keyword research with each article.
- Support with the build and publication of various web pages within the estate.
- Use publishing tools such as Yext to maintain and update local restaurant information that will feed SERPs.
- Support with the delivery of marketing projects from a technical SEO, site audit, keyword research, competitor analysis, backline analysis and more.
- Working with content development, copywriting/editing and PR & Outreach specialists to ensure marketing content campaigns and large PR national driven content are effective from an SEO standpoint.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners and agencies when required.
- Work closely with both PR and Paid Media on national and local levels to drive visibility of the brand through local markets.
- Ongoing monthly optimisation of SEO campaigns.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of delivering strong SEO results in competitive sectors.
- A willingness to learn, research and use initiative.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results.
- Solid experience in all aspects of SEO including technical, on-page and off-site elements.
- Proficiency with navigating and building reports in Google Analytics (GAIQ preferred).
- Ability to analyse and improve results.
- Experience of producing SEO forecasts is desirable.
- Excellent reporting skills with a proactive approach.
- Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Confidence using multiple platforms such as aHREFS (or similar), Google Business Profile Manager, Google Search Console, Yext, Mox or Screaming Frog.
About the Brand
With a fun, lively working environment, competitive salary and other benefits, Fridays offers a not to be missed work opportunity.AtFridays we deliver the best that we can to our guests and this is only possible due to the hard work of our teams. We are passionate about ensuring our teams are well and truly looked after and developed.