Assistant Head Sommelier - Mayfair, London
An amazing opportunity is now available to join the COYA Team. COYA Restaurant is located in vibrant Mayfair and is looking for an experienced, passionate and dedicated Head Sommelier to join the successful wine team.
- Invest in you, give full training and we really believe in promoting from within
- Pay you well
- Make your workplace fun, we believe happy workers are the key to our success
- Excellent benefits such as staff food on shift, great discounts at some of London’s best restaurants and the opportunity to grow and develop
The ideal candidate would have the following experience and abilities:
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a similar role preferably in a fine dining environment
- Intermediatefinancial understanding with experience in stock management
- Certified sommelier or successfully completed equivalent of WSET, Level 3 would be preferable
- Solid knowledge of French and New World wines (South American and North American wines in particular would be advantageous)
- Attention to detail with good customer service
- A team player, pro-active with a can do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good command and understanding of English with the ability to communicate confidently
- Committed to personal development and a passion for working with people
COYA Restaurant, the Peruvian eatery from Arjun Waney (Zuma, Roka, La Petite Maison) is one of the hottest eateries to hit London late in 2012 and won the London Lifestyle Award for Best Restaurant in 2014. COYA is going from strength to strength and continuing to expand both globally and locally. Making this a great time to join with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow within the talented team.
If successful your will have the opportunity to meet one of the COYA team, so be prepared to tell us why you want to join this incredible company.