Assistant Front Office Manager - Swindon Posting Date
Apr 14, 2022Job Number
Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Swindon Marriott Hotel, Pipers Way, Swindon, WILTSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Swindon Marriott Hotel is looking for an Assistant Front Office Manager to join the Front Office team!
We are looking for passionate, dedicated and dynamic Assistant Front Office Manager to join the world leading hospitality company. Swindon Marriott Hotel is firmly established within the area with picturesque views over the gardens and tennis courts and a range of facilities including: Cast Iron Bar & Grill, our signature restaurant, a fitness centre, an indoor swimming pool, as well as a steam room and sauna. Our modern hotel also offers a pillarless ballroom, an enchanting garden and nine meeting rooms, ideal for everything from social celebrations to corporate meetings.
Located at the gateway to the Cotswolds, Swindon Marriott Hotel is situated close to the historic Old Town, the Swindon train station, Swindon Designer Outlet and the Steam Museum. This alongside convenient transport links to popular destinations like Bath, Oxford and Stonehenge makes it the perfect destination to cater for a whole range of guests.
If you are looking to progress your career and refine your management skills, at Swindon Marriott Hotel there is the opportunity to develop in a supportive environment!
As the Assistant Front Office Manager you will...
- Be a key member of the management team within the hotel
- Support the Front Office Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Front Office department
- Manage the recruitment, selection and retention of team members
- Support the training and development of our employees within their careers
- Ensure guests have memorable stays, handling guest queries and effectively
- Be a role model of the Marriott culture!
A successful Assistant Front Office Manager is someone who...
- Has previous experience using Opera within a Front Office deparor similar environment
- Takes pride in their role and the impact they have on our guests' and employees' experience
- Is an excellent communicator
- Is a team player
- Is innovative, always looking for new ways to improve
- Is flexible and can work various shifts
In return for your hard work, the Assistant Front Office Manager will receive...
- Discounted stays at over 8,000 hotels worldwide!
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free use of Leisure Club facilities
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Private medical
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- 23 Holiday days, increasing with length of service
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service
- World class training and development
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops and discount in Swindon Designer Outlet
- Staff parties
- Free meal on shift
- Free car parking
- 150 recommend a friend scheme
- Service awards and recognition gifts
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.