Kitchen Porter - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
Hotel Indigo, Edinburgh
30 hour contract
The chefs will tell you that the Kitchen is the engine room of the hotel, and rightly so! Our customers expect a high standard of food to be prepared for them and working for such a great brand and well-known brand, this is very important!
If you have a passion for cleanliness and to be organised then working as a Kitchen Porter in a friendly and focused kitchen team is what you will find here at the hotel.
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic Enrollment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Use of worldwide IHG team member rates
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Hotel Indigo, Edinburgh is a unique and trendy hotel set in the thick of this vibrant city, a stone’s throw from Waverley train station. We also have great tram and bus links just a few steps from the hotel’s door.
At this boutique, 4-star hotel the team are very passionate, enthusiastic, and very energetic! The culture in the hotel is very important, and that is; trying to deliver the Hotel’s goals and objectives whilst at the same time creating a fun and great work/life balance for all!
Your role in our family:
This is a fast paced, busy, buzzing, customer focused environment. You will need strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and work as part of a team focused on consistently achieving high standards to meet customers’ expectations. You will also;
- Light preparation of food using designated recipes or methods
- Highlight maintenance and repair issues to the kitchen manager and any cleaning/products needed
- Complete all required training (Food Hygiene & Safety, Health & Safety & Fire Safety) via the internal training system
- Contribute to the cleaning tasks and ensure the checklists are completed as per instruction
- Support the team in giving our guests a no fuss, consistent, amazing product
- Ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum and preventative wastage measures are fully understood.
- Ensuring that we comply with all health and safety and food regulations
What happens next
Does the Kitchen Porter role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.