Junior Sous Chef - United Kingdom Posting Date
Apr 14, 2022Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club, St. Pierre Park, Chepstow, Wales, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
The role of Junior Sous Chef is vitally important to our culinary team and requires the ability to act as an assistant department head to supervise day to day kitchen operations and staff.
Areas of focus include all food preparation areas including Banquets, Room Service, Restaurant, bar/lounge and associate cafeteria to ensure a consistent, high quality food product.
Specific duties include but are not limited to;
- Working with the Food and Beverage management team and associates to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counselling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
- Maintain Health & Safety documentation in accordance with company standards including food logs.
- Ensure personal and team uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others whilst listening and responding appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.