Kitchen Porter - Cambridgeshire Posting Date
May 12, 2022Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Peterborough Marriott Hotel, Peterborough Business Park Lynch Wood, Peterborough, CAMBRIDGESHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Part of Marriott International, the world's largest hospitality brand with over 6,000 properties in more than 120 countries and territories, we are ideally situated on 11 acres of lush, immaculately landscaped grounds. We offer a world class working environment, with a team of solid hospitality professionals across the hotel striving to create brilliant experiences for our guests. The hotel is opposite the East of England Showground and close to the A1 for an easy commute.
We are now recruiting for a reliable and hard working Kitchen Porter to join our Kitchen team.
No Experience? No problem! - bring personality and dedication and we will provide the training.
Flexible and part time working will be considered for the right person!
What you will do
As our new Kitchen Porter you will be responsible for:
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment
- Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Empty and maintain trashcans and dumpster area
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments
What we're looking for
- A team-player attitude with the desire to learn
- A proactive, problem solving approach to working in a fast-paced environment
- A hard working and reliable work ethic
Why work for Marriott
"Take care of your employees and they'll take care of the guests" is the philosophy of our founder. At Marriott, caring for people and the community is part of who we are.
In addition to the fantastic benefits you would expect from a brand of our calibre, Peterborough Marriott Hotel will offer you the following:
- 9.79 per hour
- Great advancement opportunities
- 28 holidays (including Bank holidays) which increases with length of service
- Meals on duty
- Training including fully funded opportunities up to Level 7
- TakeCare Wellbeing Program
- Complimentary on site parking
- Discounted Leisure Club membership
- Hotel Room Discounts with Marriott brands worldwide
- Discounts on Food and Beverages, as well as retail discounts in our gift shops, at Marriott hotels around the globe
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.