Assistant Accountant - Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
FTC (12 Months)
Competitive Salary + Annual Bonus
Bourne Group are looking for an Assistant Accountant to Support one of our Financial Accountants in maintaining the financial health of the business through balance sheet reconciliations, creating weekly cash-flow analysis and to carry out weekly accruals for gas & electricity. This is a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified student within a relatable subject / CIMA or ACCA; or an individual who has already gained 1-2 years industry experience and would like the chance to gain more experience in different financial areas.
This is a fixed term contract for the initial period of 12 months with chance to increase or make permanent depending on business needs.
To learn, develop and become an expert in a key area of the business by:
- Delivering accurate accounting and reporting to enable thorough reviews to ensure the company understands the financial health of the business
- Maintaining a good understanding of what is in the Balance Sheet so brands can be advised of any opportunities/risk they carry
- Advising on the financial health of the business through Balance Sheets
- Completing monthly Balance Sheets Recs
- Completing weekly Cashflow Analysis
- Undertaking Rent calculations, Reconciliations & Invoice approvals
- Building and maintaining relationships with functions
- Calculating Rebates; to include invoicing and accruals
- Compiling weekly accruals for gas & electricity
- Ad hoc analysis & reporting
What we'd like you to bring:
- Learns through 'experience' and is questionable and inquisitive
- Part Qualified in a relatable subject / CIMA / ACCA
- Microsoft Excel skills
- With training, the ability to grasp new online systems
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment in addition to working well alone
Who are we?
As the UK's leading holiday operator, a career at Bourne Leisure can offer more than just a job. Wherever you join us, we have plenty of exciting opportunities for development, over 17,000 fantastic team members and 55 beautiful locations and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead. From Scotland to Cornwall, Norfolk to Wales, our resorts and hotels are dotted along some of the most breath-taking parts of the great British coastline and the most beautiful countryside, providing memories that last a lifetime for guests, owners, and team. We're passionate about what we do, and we have a great time doing it, all of which is reflected in our unique culture. We welcome all new talent with open arms and support your journey with Bourne Leisure in any way we can.
What's it like to work with us?
Ultimately, it's our people and teams that make us an employer of choice.
At Bourne Leisure, we care about you as an individual - whether you are office based, home based or a mixture of the two, we are open and transparent in our approach and welcome the same approach in return. We are a place where talent thrives and gives you the autonomy to be the master of your own path. We are supportive and collaborative, giving you the opportunity to learn, ask questions and work with different people throughout the business. We are one great team, and we celebrate successes as an individual and as a collective with our teams.
What's In It for You?
- Competitive holiday allowance that rises with service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Annual bonus
- 20% discount for any Haven, Butlins or Warner holiday for you, friends, and family.
- Wellbeing support across several different topics
- Opportunities to use our corporate box at The O2 arena for music, comedy, sport, and entertainment events
- Exclusive discounts with several corporate partners
- Access to fantastic learning and development opportunities, including Apprenticeships & Degrees
- Real career pathways
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, go ahead and apply!