The Maintenance Mechanic reports to the Estates Manager and Head mechanic to oversees a comprehensive preventive maintenance program. This program includes the repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labour needed to maintain each piece of equipment. The Maintenance mechanic will make sure all machines are repaired in accordance with the manufacturer references and guidance, keeping Health and Safety regulations at the fore front in all operations.
Be part of Team Carden Park
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment including; diesel, petrol and electric powered vehicles, tractors, rollers, mowers and other mechanical equipment used in utility work.
- Instructs and/or trains greenkeepers and gardeners regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
- Priorities equipment repair and maintenance work
- Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, frequently makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
- Regulates employees’ use of equipment in absence of golf course manager and head greenkeeper, if needed, and performs other duties as directed by the Estates manager.
- Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and vehicles.
- Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repair.
- Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- You will be required to move heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
- Desirable would be to have knowledge of grinding and setting of mower. But not essential as full training will be provided.
- Desirable to have Knowledge of machine relating to the Golf and Horticulture industry, but not essential as training will be provided.
Possession of a current driver’s licence essential
The Perks of Team Carden
Join a team where you will work hard but have fun along the way. You will enjoy a variety of benefits being part of our team which include:
- Generous bonus scheme / share of the service charge
- Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself, family and friends
- Discounted food and drink to enjoy in the hotel when not on shift
- Discounted use of our award winning 5* spa, alongside treatments and retail
- Free staff lunch provided
- Free on-site parking
- Access to perks platforms; high street discounts, and wellbeing assistance
- Free Golf and Leisure Club membership, including free use of the gym & swimming pool
- Free regular transport mini-bus from Wrexham
- Progression opportunities for all
Due to the rural location of Carden Park, applicants should have access to a vehicle or reliable transport methods.