Area Manager - Beth Tweddle Gymnastics - Coatbridge, Glasgow
Job Type: Contract
Summary of Role
Currently in the UK one million children are on waiting lists for gymnastics lessons. We’re here to change this after the successful opening of our first two Beth Tweddle Gymnastics Centres we are delighted to be opening our third designated purpose-built family friendly gymnastics centre but our first in the Athena Model where we penetrate a market with all three products . It will be a creative environment making the experience of learning gymnastics enjoyable for children and their parents in a fun, clean and safe environment.
The BT Gymnastics Area Manager role will play an important part in furthering our vision, with overall responsibility for programming and managing our Gymnastics Hub across a National Curriculum offering, Academies provision and a BTG Centre.
We are looking for an Area Manager with a high-level range of skills, with experience of operating a leisure facility or small region of facilities that held responsibility for delivering an exceptional customer experience and Operational Experience. You will understand the importance of recruiting and managing best in industry teachers and customer facing representatives. You will be responsible for operating across three products including delivering and developing National Curriculum provision to local schools, operating at three Academy venues and operating the Centre facility. Driving customer volumes at the Centre and the Academies along side gaining NC hours, customer relations, achieving cross programming and efficiencies, health & safety, performance & budget management. You will also play a future role in developing our plans to open and operate gymnastics hubs across the country.
- Inspire, Motivate and lead centre and remote team members
- Develop a positive and open culture across the team
- Develop and Retain team members through excellent reward and recognition
- Recruit a team of coaches and operating team identifying and securing local talent
- Inspire, develop, and lead a team to provide the highest level of service and customer experience, overseeing all training and development needs of the workforce
- Support the directors on the future business strategy regards
- Maintaining sales driven focus in support of marketing initiatives and plans to open new Gymnastics areas.
- Delivery of a world class customer experience
- Drive the standard of service to consistently deliver premium gymnastics lessons and support services to every customer with clear success in KPI and positive trend in NPS Market and Acquire new customers with excellent retention to achieve Net Member Movement expectations
- Plan, deliver and monitor the Beth Tweddle Gymnastics programme across the three products. Manage all health & safety documentation ensuring day to day legal compliance and the adaptation of best practise Develop and deliver the facilities maintenance plan to ensure appropriate maintenance is in place to safeguard the venue To abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with Beth Tweddle Gymnastics site policies, including equal opportunities, safeguarding children, health and safety at work, etc.
- Use initiative to drive revenue streams and secondary spend for Beth Tweddle Gymnastics Use proven strategies to manage appropriate cost control and ongoing efficiencies within budgets Attend regular meetings with Head of Business and directors to provide updates on performance To be accountable for the annual income revenue budget and profit & loss accounts
- Customer service focused, demonstrates a determined and committed approach to quality of standards
- Target driven
- Experience of managing teams of permanent, temporary and contracted staff demonstrating strong communication and leadership skills to ensure individuals achieve their full potential
- Ability to elicit cooperation from team members, suppliers and other internal departments
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to define and deliver operational key performance indicators, and able to confidently articulate these to others
- Ability to manage budgets effectively with a sales driven focus
- Flexible in adapting to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong written and oral communication and numeracy skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to support effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Quick decision maker with great organisational and business development skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Passion for gymnastics
- Experience managing a leisure facility as duty manager
- First aid trained
- Educated to degree level or can demonstrate equivalent work experience
- Flexibility towards working hours
- Full driving licence
- This role has out of hours and key holder responsibilities