Assistant Manager - swim! - Liverpool South
Hours: Full Time
swim! is looking for new swim! Assistant Managers to assist with the new opening of bespoke learn to swim centres. This is an integral role to the day to day operating of the centres, providing a high-quality environment for our customers.
If you have a passion for working within leisure and facility management, this is the role for you, which offers lots of career opportunities and progression.
swim! Assistant Manager Duties
- To assist the Centre Manager to meet the service and financial outputs, as detailed in the annual budget and business plan.
- Oversee the delivery of fun and inspiring lessons to 0-11-year olds, using swim! teaching resources and programming management strategies to ensure customers have a seamless journey through the programme
- Deliver exceptional customer care to every swimmer and family member in and out of the water and instill these behaviors within the operational team
- Responsible for the programme performance and business Key Performance Indicators such as customer retention and Net Promotor Scores. Analyze data to inform key business decisions and improvement s
- Lead the operational teams including Lifeguards and Swimming Teachers, conducting the monthly rota’s, team observations and monthly status meetings. Managing individual and team performance aligned to the swim’s standard.
- Opening & closing the building. Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered on a day to day basis. Manage the Risk Assessments for the centre, ensuring that high levels of service and a safe environment are maintained at all times.
- To maintain the facilities hygiene and operational standards, striving towards a 5 star monthly audit score and 100% compliance in Health and Safety.
- Complete and record all health and safety checks as assigned, for daily, weekly and monthly checks to ensure smooth operation of the site, and immediate surrounding areas. Keeping up to date & accurate records and proactively anticipate any potential hazards.
- Ensuring the pool plant is always working to its full capacity allowing all lessons to take place, and that all planned preventative maintenance is carried out as an when scheduled.
- To use the chemicals provided in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines and COSHH regulations and monitor levels of materials and equipment, placing orders as required for all relevant stock.
- Work closely with the designated pool engineers and maintenance contractors to ensure all necessary action is taken so the pool runs efficiently. Inspect and maintain building systems and provide support for basic preventative and reactive maintenance when required along with annualized building checks.
- Manage maintenance budget and schedule making efficiencies and costs savings where feasible. Responsible for managing overtime budgets and people spend.