Leisure Operations / Lifeguard
Hours: Various hours available (evenings and weekends)
Salary: Starting from £19,000
Our Olympians need you!
How would you like to work with swim! – The UK’s leading premium Learn to Swim brand?
We are looking for engaging and inspiring individuals to work as leisure operations assistants and join our industry leading swimming team, delivered at centres across the UK.
Your primary role will be to supervise the safety of our swimming lesson provision, delivering lifesaving and first aid provision and excellent standards of customer experience and premium facilities and changing lives through giving every child opportunity to learn to swim.
As part of your role, you will supervise the pool and support the teaching team, use technology to support and engage customers as well as working as part of a team to deliver a premium experience. This will include customer engagement, attending training and team meetings to share best practice and learn from each other.
This role is for weekday daytime, evening and weekend hours.
If you share our passion for changing lives through learning to swim and want to make a difference both in and out of the water, then this is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing, industry leading company.
Full training and qualification can be provided, we recruit on character and personality – so change your life and get in touch today!
- To provide lifeguard duties for learn to swim lessons for 0-11 year olds, ranging from non-swimmers to competent swimmers
- Deliver exceptional customer care to every swimmer and family member in and out of the water
- Ensure the safe provision of all equipment usage, storage, cleaning and maintenance
- Complete and record electronically all relevant health and safety checks as assigned on a daily, weekly and monthly basis by the swim! manager
- To help maintain the facility to a high standard at all times by ensuring the centre is clean and safe for all users and staff
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development through training, observation and feedback on performance to ensure high standards of delivery
- Be a positive role model for young people encouraging them to reach their full swimming potential
- Deliver the swim! experience to include servicing customer enquires, showing potential customers round the centre, driving memberships and attending regular training with the swim! team to share best practise to ensure high standards of delivery are maintained
- Give out award badges and certificates to celebrate swimmer’s achievements
- To abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with all swim! policies, including equal opportunities, safeguarding children, health and safety at work, operational procedures etc. (training provided)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focused, demonstrates a determined and committed approach to quality of standards and cleanliness
- Perseverance and patience to encourage and put people at ease
- Passion for swimming
- Reasonable swimming ability
- 30 days annual leave
- Entitlement to paid sick leave
- Get your birthday off
- Company uniform
- Discount on swimming and gymnastics lessons for family and friends
- Employee recognition scheme
- Training opportunities
- Employee assistance programme