Project Manager - ReCreation - Manchester
Reporting To: Estates Director
Based: Whitefield Head Office, with option to occasionally work from home.
Salary: Up to £40,000
Purpose of Role: The Project Manager will manage construction of New Pools, Gyms and Leisure Centres as well as Refurbishment and Acquisition Projects to strict deadlines to aid the TSG Expansion Programme. The role focuses on new openings, extensions and re fits within the UK as required. It supports our existing remit to act as a centre of excellence to drive standards to a market leading level. Working on the H&S elements of the company and policies will also form a large part of the role.
At Sporting House, we are committed to breaking down barriers for children to reach their true potential, whether that be building industry-leading leisure facilities, delivering quality programmes or training the next generation of coaches and teachers. Led by high profile Olympians, our brands swim!, ReCreation, Total Swimming Academies, Becky Adlington’s SwimStars and Beth Tweddle Gymnastics engage over 30,000 children every week in activity.
Behind the scenes, we offer a fun and supportive working environment built on honesty, fairness and respect. Our people are at the heart of Sporting House and we are proud to offer bespoke training and fantastic opportunities for those who want to develop and progress.
As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, we’re looking for a forward thinking and driven Head of IT to join our Head Office team.
Reporting into the Finance Director, you’ll ensure the wider business runs efficiently and smoothly via the management of systems, processes and software. You’ll work to bring exciting development projects to fruition and implement change, taking our business to the next level.
This is your opportunity to lead the way in an exciting and growing business, so a go-getter attitude will make you stand out from the crowd! A passion for providing opportunities for children in sport and an understanding of the leisure industry is a big plus. If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
- Reporting to the Estates Director and Senior PM you will manage the end to end project cycle of new stores, re-fits and extensions to programme and to high standards. This includes coordinating the efforts of SWIM! Group Designers & Project teams and third-party contractors or consultants, in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Develop, monitor and control the budget for each project.
- Liaise with Group health and safety specialists to ensure best practice is adhered to.
- Work closely and support the wider Project Team delivering progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations where appropriate.
- Strive for excellence in all processes within the project & design team, continually reviewing and developing improvements
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans as required.
- Motivate and liaise with project team members and contractors encouraging them to take positive action and assume accountability for their assigned work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Construction/Retail Fit Out experience: You will have a sound knowledge and experience of the shop fit industry including processes, managing projects and managing projects with strict budgets.
- Project Management experience: You will be able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects across a number of group fascia’s keeping them on budget and delivering them on time & to a high standard.
- Excellent communication & influencing skills: You will have the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders and across departments.
- Numerate and strong attention to detail.
- Qualifications: You will be educated to University degree level or possess a college diploma in Project Management or equivalent experience.
- This role is field based and you will need to be geographically mobile to support our centre portfolio.
- Self-motivated, but team player.
- Technically competent with various software programmes.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Extensive travel and periods of time away from home may be required.
- Based in and working throughout the UK.
- Full Driving License essential.
- IOSH/NEBOSH Qualification desirable.