Manager - Swim! - Northampton, Northamptonshire
Hours: Full Time including weekends
Salary: Starting from £25,000
History of swim!
Olympic medallist Steve Parry is behind the creation of swim! which aims to be the best learn to swim experience in the country. We are using bespoke facilities to deliver a high-quality swimming provision to children aged 0-11. At swim! our programme focuses on great technique and core skills before progressing onto distances, lessons have fun themes each week for children. Our members-only access offers clean, modern and warm changing rooms designed for children, a panoramic viewing lounge with refreshments and activities for the whole family, smart lesson management and our unique swim! awards to celebrate your child’s achievements. All of this comes with a simple online booking process with no need to rebook every few weeks.
Our Olympians need you!
swim! is looking for an experienced swim! manager who is passionate about creating a world class environment for learn to swim, in bespoke learn to swim centres. This is an integral role to not only the day to day operating of the centres, but the bigger vision to change the way learn to swim is delivered in the UK. If you have a passion for swimming and acquiring a management position in the leisure industry, this is the role for you.
- Lead the operation of the swim! facility
- Plan, deliver and monitor the swim! programme
- Create and lead the industry with high standards of service to consistently deliver premium swimming lessons and support services to every customer
- Recruit the venues teaching and operating team identifying and securing local talent
- Inspire, develop and lead a team to provide the highest level of service and customer experience, oversee all training and development ensuring they are aligned to swim! values
- Be accountable for the annual income revenue budget and profit & loss accounts
- Use your initiative to drive revenue streams and secondary spend for swim!
- Manage all health & safety documentation ensuring day to day legal compliance and best practise is always a priority
- Develop and deliver the facilities maintenance plan to ensure appropriate maintenance is in place to safeguard the venue
- Abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with swim! site policies
- Attend regular meetings with the swim! senior management team to provide updates on the swim! balance scorecard
- Support with the future business strategy maintaining a commercial focus in support of marketing initiatives and plans to open new swim! centres
- Effectively network with key partners, identifying and building successful links in the local community
- Experience managing a leisure facility
- Strong written and oral communication and numeracy skills
- Swim teacher trained with knowledge of lesson programming and programme management
- Customer service focused, demonstrates a committed approach to quality of standards
- Commercially driven with experience of working with Key Performance Indicators
- Experience of managing teams and demonstrating strong leadership skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from team members, suppliers and other internal departments
- Able to define operational key performance indicators and articulate these to others
- Ability to manage budgets effectively
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to support effective working relationships at all levels
- Good decision maker with great organisational and business development skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Passion for swimming
- This role has out of hours and key holder responsibility