Fitness Instructor - Brentford, London
Type: Permanent, 16 hours & 40 hours available
Salary: £22,986.00 (FTE)
Lampton Leisure is a new company setup to manage and operate the leisure services for Hounslow Council across the borough in Brentford, Chiswick, Hanworth, Heston, Isleworth & Osterley. Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks, and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to make a real difference and an enjoyable customer experience for all users of the Centre’s facility.
Supervise fitness-related customer activity, ensuring a safe, enjoyable and quality customer experience.
- Supervise activities in the Fitness Room and operate the equipment in a manner consistent with safe working practice, ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the facility
- Undertake all day to day cleaning and maintenance of the equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing to the attention of the Centre Management any faults or major repairs
- Assist in the implementation, marketing and administration of activities and healthy lifestyles
- Support and assist in sales and retention processes
- Maintain customer records of programme of activities and lifestyle programmes
- Actively engage with members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging maximum usage
- Assist in the effective operations of the activity programme by coaching and teaching, where appropriate.
- Devise and deliver fitness assessments, programmes and testing, exercise prescription, GP referrals and specialist inductions, as and when required (following appropriate training)
- Assist in the development of safe and effective programming through innovative ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers
- Assist in the communication and promotion of the centre’s services.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate.
- Deliver group exercise activities, as required
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to “seal the deal” without inappropriately pressurizing the customer
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Good numerical and written skills
Personal Style And Behaviours:
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Engaging Observant
- REPS Level 2 qualified and registered
Key Relationships (Internal And External):
- Management Team
The job description is intended to include the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but while some variations will be expected, these will be at an appropriate level for the role
What we offer
Competitive Salary, Onsite Parking, Pension Scheme, Staff Discounts Onsite.
Join the Lampton Leisure Team
Lampton Leisure are a proud to be an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and committed to promoting equality and diversity. We value the importance of differences within our organisation and in the wider community.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).