Dual Operations Manager - Green Lane/Osterley, London
Type: Full Time
Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks, and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to make a real difference and an enjoyable customer experience for all users of the Centre’s facility.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for an Operations Manager to lead in the development of robust dry side programming and drive revenue for all dry side activities, including tracks, halls, studios, creche, softplay and junior activities.
- Achieve centre financial targets and dry side KPIs, including customer service targets, occupancy targets, revenue targets, payroll costs and participation levels
- Continuously review dry side programming, developing and improving as required
- Review marketing collateral regularly to ensure it is effective and up-to-date
- Responsible for day to day management of the leisure centre, carrying out the Team Leader role when on duty management shift
- Deputise for the General Manager as required
- Deliver high quality services and standards within the centre
- Ensure all safe systems at work are adhered to and general building management including maintenance and repairs
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
- Ensure the delivery of enjoyable, cost-effective and safe activities
- Support the preparation of annual service plans, financial plans and statistics
- Carry out internal stock takes, end of period returns inventories of centre equipment as necessary
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisal, development and performance management of staff, including 1-2-1s
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of membership management and retention systems
- Understanding of relevant health and safety and employment legislation
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills and good numerical and written skills
Personal Style And Behaviours:
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- Supervisory experience in the hospitality or service industries
- Experience of managing a team including training, development, appraisals, performance management and recruiting staff
- Experience in financial management and budget preparation, and a proven track record of meeting financial targets
Key Relationships (Internal and External):
- Management Team
- Third party hirers/ contractors
Join the Lampton Leisure Team
Lampton Leisure are a proud to be an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and committed to promoting equality and diversity. We value the importance of differences within our organisation and in the wider community.
The closing date is given as a guide. Lampton Leisure reserve the right to close this position once we have acquired specific number of applications.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).