Assistant Event Operations Manager - Central London
As an Assistant Event Operations Manager at The Standard, London, you will become part of our small inhouse Event Operations team. Working in partnership with our Events Admin team and reporting to our Head of Events Operations, you will be responsible for our various events spaces, suites and private dining areas.
You will assist with ensuring the set up for the rooms and events spaces are completed to standard and help with communicating special requests, dietary needs and table plans in conjunction with our Restaurant & Kitchen teams. You’ll also work closely with our Restaurant managers in order to plan and manage private events in our restaurant spaces and will ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained in order to deliver a seamless and effortless level of service.
You are a natural leader and with your communication skills you are able to motivate junior team members and help the team develop to deliver a consistently high performance. Your exceptional knowledge of food and drink will help create an environment where you and the other F&B professionals will not only delight our guest but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate dining experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
Do you have what it takes to be our Assistant Event Operations Manager at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires.
In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record in a similar Supervisory, Senior or Head Waiter/Waitress role with the ability to inspire and motivate a team, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’, destination events, restaurant or boutique hotel sector
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- The ability to develop and deliver effective training to maintain consistent service standards throughout your team
- Experience with squirrel POS, open table and Fourth HR
- We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Assistant Event Operations Manager, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.