We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team at Norfolk Woods Resort & Spa in Kings Lynn, Norfolk. Fantastic competitive salary!
This is a permanent position to work full time hours. This will be 40 hours across 5 variable days.
Flexibility is essential to suit the needs of the business.
Darwin Escapes has 24 amazing destinations across the United Kingdom, each of which has its own unique offering. Whether you are looking for a role in food and beverage, grounds, maintenance, housekeeping, entertainment or at a management level then the Darwin family will have the career waiting for you!
The successful Sous Chef will
- Assist the friendly team with the day to day running of the kitchen.
- Oversee portion control, waste management, food preparation and all procedures.
- Be responsible for stock rotation and ordering.
- Ensuring that all menus and specials boards on display have the correct selling prices at all times.
- Ensuring that the kitchen and all other working areas are kept clean at all times.
- Be sure that food hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times and that the wider kitchen team follow these procedures.
Similar previous experience within a similar environment is preferred. We are looking for a Chef that has a qualification in Level 3 Food Safety. A driving licence and ability to drive is an advantage to enable easy travel to and from the resort.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement.
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK.
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools.
- Food discount across all resorts.
- Discounts on spa treatments.
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus.
- *100% work attendance bonus.
- *Company employee sick pay.
- Compassionate leave pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Health Shield cash plan.
*Subject to terms and conditions
Why work for us:
‘Darwin Escapes is successful because of our Team, who are like minded, dedicated and committed to delivering outstanding standards and customer experience. This is how we support each other to carve those life long memories for our holiday home owners, holiday guests and golf members and visitors’ – Lindsey Esse, Managing Director.