Sous Chef - Prestonpans, East Lothian
Why should you join our team?
We currently have a wonderful opportunity to join our dynamic Preston kitchen team as a Sous Chef. Every member of our kitchen team plays an integral part in delivering the best possible experience for our customers. We pride ourselves on having created a welcoming and inclusive environment for all, to excel and develop in their roles.
We also like to take care of our employees, and their wellbeing; therefore, we offer competitive benefits including:
- Brilliant tips
- Unlimited 50% discount off Bistrot Pierre dining (for a well-earned treat!)
- 24/7 employee assistance program
- An impressive bonus scheme
- Discounted Bistrot food when working on site (did someone say steak and chips for £2?!)
- Development and structured career plans
- Annual company rewards
What will the role of Sous Chef involve?
- Delivering dishes cooked and presented to company specification
- Managing orders, stock, invoices and food profit
- Developing your team alongside the Head Chef
- Daily operation of the kitchen
- Working closely with the General Manager to meet the needs of the business
As a Sous Chef you will need to have:
- Minimum of 1 year working as a Chef de Partie or Sous Chef
- Be able to read, interpret, demonstrate and execute all basic meat, fish, sauce and side dishes as provided by the supervisor
- Experience of training and supervising a team