Chef de Partie - Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time
About Phyllis Court Club
Phyllis Court has excellent facilities, superb cuisines and wines, relaxing riverside accommodation and friendly staff. Phyllis Court truly is a Club for all Members.
As a Chef de Partie at Phyllis Court Club you will be part of a fresh food led kitchen environment achieving high standards of culinary expectation for our members. This role provides an opportunity to create an exceptional dining experience within our busy and vibrant kitchens, using fresh and seasonal produce.
With a seasonal changing menu, an emphasis on local ingredients and a good range of daily specials; you will be asked for ideas and encouraged to develop yourself craft wise. Our kitchens are modern, spacious and come well equipped.
Benefits of Chef de Partie
- Salaried position, 40 hours per week with paid lunch breaks and overtime.
- Shifts working 4 days on and 3 days off with no split shifts.
- Perkbox (discounts at high street retailers and restaurants)
- Use of the Fitness Centre including Gym and swimming pool
- Training & development opportunities
- Free parking onsite
- Staff socials and events
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and wellbeing support
- Complimentary friends and family tickets for Henley Royal Regatta
Your responsibilities as a Chef de Partie
As a Chef de Partie your responsibilities will include:
- Assist senior chefs with menu designs and food development.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a clean, tidy and timely manner.
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications.
- Take every opportunity to discuss ideas with members & obtain constructive feedback.
- Ability to operate all the kitchen equipment with the correct training in a safe and proper manner.
- Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards.
- Actively participate and action the company’s Food Safety management system (Food Alert). to maintain the high levels of hygiene and health and safety.
- Ensure that all food is stored in the correct manner and that stock rotation is properly carried out.
- Understand and control stock in your particular area of the business ensuring wastage is controlled.
Requirements of Chef de Partie
- Previous experience working as a Chef de Partie in a busy kitchen environment.
- Great eye for detail and take pride in delivering beautiful and tasty food.
- Willing to work in different sections and kitchens (ballroom restaurant, tapas, take away, fine dining, & events) and have good all-round knowledge of a kitchen.
- Experience in planning menus and cooking dishes using fresh, seasonal produce.
- Be organised and able to work under pressure.
- Team player essential with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
Thanks for your interest in working for Phyllis Court Club If you feel you have the required experience for this role, please send a short cover note explaining your most relevant experience and we will be in touch.