We are looking for an Banqueting Assistant Manager who will be responsible for the running, organization, training and leadership of banquet staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. This role will support the Banquet Operations Manager and will develop a close working relationship with Culinary, Bar Operations and all teams within the Conduit.
You will have experience and skills in managing banquets and events, leading teams, recruitment and training, monitoring payroll and rotas, guest service, health & safety and wine & food knowledge.
The Conduit serves as a home for people passionate about achieving positive social, environmental and economic change. We provide our community with a physical home, with industry leading sustainable and ethical hospitality, where creativity and innovation can flourish. Our members and our teams are from all over the world, from all sectors and industries and are representative of the world we live in.
We strive to be a company that is inclusive, where everyone, from any background, can be happy at work. As part of our team, you can enjoy a wide range of benefits:
• 30 days annual leave +1 extra day each year for long service (up to a maximum of +5)
• Enhanced Sick Pay for up to 5 days annually
• +1 extra day off to celebrate your birthday and a complimentary birthday meal for 2
• +1 extra day off each year to volunteer at a charitable organisation of your choice
• Refer a Friend bonus of up to £500
• Access to 150 member-only thought-leadership events per year
• Monthly Conduit Champion awards
• Team social events like Tough Mudder, Pizza Masterclasses and 2 Annual Parties
• Healthy meals on duty
• Access to our Employee Assistant Programme via Hospitality Action which provides support with whatever challenges you face - from physical illness or mental health issues to financial difficulty, family problems or addiction
• 33% dining discount for up to 4 once a month
• Local discounts and perks for food, retail therapy and free eye tests
• Development and progression through Conduit Careers including e-learning programmes
• Statutory Pension Scheme
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
• Bereavement Leave up to 3 days
Regardless of whether your experience is relevant to every one of the above points, if the Conduit and our ethos resonate with you, we encourage you to apply.