Golf General Manager - Altrincham Golf Course & Driving Range - Altrincham, Manchester
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen at Trafford Leisure who are looking to recruit a Golf General Manager to lead and oversee all aspects of the business at Altrincham Golf Course & Driving Range. As part of the Senior Leadership team, you will be expected to lead by example and bring to life Trafford Leisure’s vision and purpose, and to ensure the Golf part of the business continues to grow and play a major part in future developments.
Set in over 100 acres of beautiful greenspace in the heart of the busy town of Altrincham, both the 18 hole golf course and 25 bay driving range are busy facilities that the whole community can enjoy using. Over the next 12 -18 months you will lead the development of a longer-term vision for Altrincham Golf Course and Driving Range set, working closely with golfers, our local community and key stakeholders to ensure the site is fully maximised to its potential and golf thrives for the long term.
Role and Responsibilities
- Fully responsible for the day-to-day management of Altrincham Golf Course & Driving Range.
- Strategic planning and development of the Golf business to ensure sustainability and growth
- Create and repare annual budgets, monthly reports, and regular forecasting ensuring income targets are successfully achieved and expenditure is controlled.
- Ensure the Golf course, Driving Range, and all facilities are maintained and presented to the highest standards through robust planning, maintenance and replacement programmes.
- Working with the Head Greenkeeper on Golf course management and development, sound knowledge of course presentation and basic agronomy.
- Management and control of booking systems, POS systems, and golf technology.
- Control of retail, including sales, purchasing stock, stock control.
- Adhere to policies and procedures that are compliant with current Health & Safety legislation and standards across the business. This includes management of Risk Assessments, operating procedures, COSHH, Fire safety, H&S auditing, data protection, and HR.
- Planning marketing and sales strategies to ensure the correct campaigns are timed and maximised to achieve set objectives.
- Management of PGA professionals and golf tuition programmes
- Through effective open leadership, manage and motivate staff to ensure a first-class experience for customers and visitors.
- Interact and liaise with key stakeholders in a professional and friendly manner on a regular basis to ensure an excellent rapport is built which will subsequently have a positive impact on the interest and success of the business.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
At least 5 years experience in the golf industry or similar.
Significant experience in a managerial role
Financial management including budgets, management reporting and controls.
A proven track record in business management preferably in a golfing environment.
Self motivated, able to work under own initiative and have a flexible approach to working hours
Degree level/golf management qualification/PGA qualification
Golf course management, development, and course presentation would be desirable Degree level or golf management qualification is desirable with at least 5 years experience in the golf industry or similar.
What We Can Offer You
- Salary: £35k-38k per year
- Healthcare package including optician, dental, physiotherapy and much more
- Free gym membership for you
- Family Gym Discounted Rates
- Ride to work scheme
- 22 days holiday & Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay
- Pension Scheme