Retail Assistant - Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Retail Assistant to work in our dynamic team at The Belfry, England’s leading Hotel and Resort. We have 319 bedrooms, Rosette standard dining, five food and beverage outlets, fantastic leisure facilities including our 20 treatment rooms & pool and of course, what we are famous for…golf. We have a really exciting year ahead at The Belfry, starting with hosting The British Masters in May 2022, and continuing with the launch of new training and development opportunities and incentives.
Golf and Retail
The Belfry is synonymous with golf and has hosted the Ryder Cup four times – more than any other venue in the world. Our world class golf courses have produced some of the most dramatic moments in the history of the sport. They attract players from the UK and beyond looking to relive the Ryder Cup magic, improve their game, and to make use of the unrivalled state-of-the-art golfing facilities.
We have the largest on-site Golf retail shop in Europe, stocking the latest golf kit from some of the sport's biggest brands including TaylorMade, Callaway, Ping and Titleist for both men and women.
About the role
Set within the busy Golf shop, you will deal with all customer enquiries in a friendly and professional manner, drive revenue and take opportunities to recommend relevant products whilst providing excellent guest service. Work-life balance is important to us at The Belfry - you will be given a 40 hour per week contract, and a range of shifts including weekends.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting with the daily operation of the shop floor
- Ensuring excellent service, meeting and greeting customers
- Maximising revenue, advising customers and sharing your knowledge
- Maintaining fantastic merchandising standards throughout the shop
- Maintaining product knowledge
- Assisting with returns and other general enquiries
- Experience in golf retail either as part of a Golf Club or standalone sports business
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Passionate about working in a high quality retail environment that celebrates individual and team success
- Fantastic resort discounts that include: gym membership, rooms, golf, spa, food and beverage, and retail
- Access to lifestyle discounts at high-street restaurants, retail outlets and days out
- We offer Wagestream to all employees, enabling everyone to track earnings, save, access wages before they are paid, and seek financial advice
- Healthcare schemes: life assurance, 24-hour GP, health cash-plans
- Team social events throughout the year
- Long-service awards, including additional paid holiday
- Free staff parking. The resort isn’t serviced by public transport although we do offer a subsidised taxi service for those who don’t drive
- We can offer live-in accommodation for up to three months
- Excellent training, development and career opportunities