Pastry Commis Chef - London
Royal Lancaster London focuses on the belief that ‘Happy Colleagues mean Happy Guests’, and is committed to the vision of ‘We Always Care’.
A Pastry Commis Chef position has opened up within the Pastry Kitchens Department and we are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and driven colleague who has the ability to deliver 5* service to our guests.
The Royal Lancaster London is the only Hotel to make it onto the Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2020 and that’s because we consistently put people at the heart of our business. As our Commis Chef, you will be compliant in the preparation and service of dishes as laid down by the department's SOP and in line with company red star standards. In addition to this, you will assist in ensuring all mise en place is stored, date coded and rotated in line with the company food safety policy.
It is essential to have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and a drive to excel, ensuring understanding and compliance with the hotel's food and health and safety policies.
The ideal candidate requires the following:
- To be able to support the team in achieving work to the highest standards
- The ability to source learning opportunities and offer suggestions to the departmental head
- Open-minded and flexible for working hours
- 40 hours per week / 5 shift per week
- Highly organized
- The ability to work under pressure and as part of a team- Previous experience in a similar role and environment or formal college training minimum 2nd year.
- Basic knowledge of practical skills, food safety, and kitchen operations
As our Commis Chef, you will be working with a dedicated and passionate Kitchen team; you are expected to truly love your work and have the desire to progress in your career.
We believe the best recruitment strategy is to always hire on behavior and attitude and in return for your hard work you will have access to an extensive learning and development program, opportunities to develop your career within a professional and enthusiastic team, great benefits, and the chance to work with a Hotel who have won numerous awards.
If you feel that this role is for you, please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.