Sous Chef – Live in Accommodation Available
Annual salary of £26,000 to £28,000 per annum
Annual bonus based on agreed criteria and targeted results, paid annually
Share of gratuities circa £6,000 per annum, paid monthly
£500 retention bonus
The Queen’s Head – www.queensheadeastclandon.co.uk
Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure, supporting in our accelerated growth and development from this year?
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our management team.
In the year ahead we will complete a refurbishment of our Queen’s Head pub, located in the picturesque village of East Clandon, just north of Guildford. Opened in 2005, The Queen’s Head was the first of Red Mist’s collection and we are now looking for the right Sous Chef to support in maintaining and evolving our premium food offering.
You will be an enthusiastic Sous Chef who shares our passion for great food. You will be strong and enthusiastic, leading from the front with proven capability of developing, managing and motivating kitchen teams.
This role will give you the opportunity to evolve the specials menu and exceed budgeted commercial expectations through a clear understanding of GP, P&L and labour costs.
You will work closely with the Head Chef and company Directors as a key contributor to the success of the pub.
You will also be key to ensuring a high level of quality fresh, local and seasonal food, to build the strength of our reputation and be first choice in our customer’s eyes.
Other support to our Sous Chef
- 3% maximum pension contribution
- 30% discount on food and drink in all Red Lion Holdings pubs
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- Increased annual leave through length of service.
- Free meals on duty
- Our new induction programme and Career Path offers structured development and career progression, supporting in being ready for new opportunities within a growing business.
- Regular social events and familiarisation trips
- Regular in-house team competitions and recognition awards
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more
- Involvement in our charity days and events
- Refer a friend and earn up to £1,000
What we need from you
- A passion for great food. We want our menu and specials to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh ingredients and food
- A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
- An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach
- Enthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results
- A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and your team members
- Patience. The skills to be able to support with developing others in the kitchen team and to be able to create and bond a team together
- Ambition and drive. The will to succeed and overcome challenges
- High standards at all times, ensuring that health and safety procedures are maintained properly
- Adaptability to be able to work at our other sites within the group as required
- Respect for your colleagues and company equipment
- To be able to maintain consistently exceptional levels of cleanliness
- Consistency. The ability to create great food always. Being able to set an excellent example to the rest of the kitchen team
- Proficient in IT, with an understanding of spread sheets
- The ability to take the lead when necessary and have the experience to ensure the kitchen operation runs smoothly