Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Grosvenor pubs and Inns?
We are looking for a Night porter to join our team at The Hare and Hounds in Newbury, opening Winter 2021.
· Hourly wage up to £13.00 per hour
· Share of gratuities Circa £6,000 per annum
· £500 retention bonus
It is our goal to relaunch our stunning community pub by bringing brilliant, memorable drinking and dining experiences, aiming to create a place for all the community to cherish and love.
As a Night porter you will be an enthusiastic person who shares our passion for great service, food and cleanliness standards. You will be a highly valued and crucial part of the team. You will responsible for ensuring smooth running of the hotel during the evenings. Responsive and proactive to resolving any guest queries or requests and helping to make it a memorable experience. You will be a key team member, ensuring high standards of cleanliness and service are kept at all times.
Other support to you
· Free meals on duty
· 30% discount on food and drink in all Red lion holdings pubs and Inns.
· Increased annual leave through length of service
· 3% maximum pension contribution
· Reduced rate if you wish to join the private healthcare scheme with Westfield Health
· Our new induction programme and Career Path offers structured development and career progression, supporting in being ready for new opportunities within a growing business
· Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
· Regular social events, familiarisation trips and in-house team competitions
· Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more…
· Involvement in our charity days and events
· Refer a friend and earn up to £1,000
What we need from you
· A passion for great food. We want our menu and specials to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh ingredients and food
· A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
· An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach
· Enthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results
· great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and your team members
· Adaptability to be able to work at our other sites within the group as required
· Respect for your colleagues and company equipment
· To be able to maintain consistently exceptional levels of cleanliness
· Consistency. The ability to create great food always. Being able to set an excellent example to the rest of the kitchen team
· Patience. The skills to be able to support with developing others in the kitchen team
· Ambition and drive to keep learning and to succeed
· High standards at all times, ensuring that health and safety procedures are maintained properly