Maintenance Operative - Britannia Hotel Manchester
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at The Britannia Hotel, Manchester!Our hotel islocated in one of Manchester’s premier architectural buildings, situated on the busy Portland Street, this Grade II listed hotel offers outstanding details such as balconied stairways throughout the building.
The Britannia Manchester is a large 363-bedroom hotel that offers its own Pizzeria, 4 on-site Bars and nine conference rooms that can accommodate up to 200 people, making us the best venue for hosting conferences, meetings and special events. We are looking to recruit a Maintenance Operative on to the team.
As Maintenance Operative, you will be required to;
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in his duties and to ensure smooth running of the hotel.
- Do General upkeep of bedrooms which will require a basic knowledge of General repairs, Plumbing, and decorating skills required.
- Do General upkeep of Public Areas which will require a basic knowledge of General repairs, Plumbing, decorating skills and occasional plastering skills when required.
- Be able to effectively cope with emergency repairs such as plumbing, basic electrical issues, breakages etc.
- Support outside contractors where necessary.
- Be able to work on own initiative.
- Be able to communicate effectively with both the public and work colleagues.
- Be fully familiar with all Health and Safety instructions relevant to your area of work.
- Adhere to all current legislation pertaining to fire, health and safety in connection with the work place.
The successful candidate will have proven experience working within the field of maintenance & repairs. You must also have a keen attention to detail and the ability to take initiative when tackling problems.
Look at our website to give you an idea of how fabulous The Britannia Manchester is!
This position offers an attractive salary and the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.