Linen Porter - Norbreck Castle Hotel
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at The Norbreck Castle Hotel! One of the largest hotels of the Britannia chain. Grand and vibrant, this unique structure sits proudly overlooking the Irish Sea. The Norbreck Castle features a Health & Fitness club, as well as other facilities including an arcade, cinema, Bar & Restaurant and 8 conference rooms catering for between 10 to 3000 delegates.
All our 487 en-suite bedrooms are tastefully decorated, with the majority boasting magnificent sea views and we are looking to recruit a Linen Porter onto the team.
As Linen Porter you will be required to;
- Ensure linen control system as laid down by the Head Housekeeper is followed; including receipt, stock rotation, sorting and issues of linen stock.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly and accurately as required in relation to linen stock control for hotel accounts and audit purposes.
- Advise the Housekeeper in advance should additional stock levels be necessary to service the business.
- Report to the Housekeeper immediately any known linen stock losses or misused linen.
- Ensure routine cleaning is carried out in your allocated area of work.
- Be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety and fire procedures.
The successful candidate will be organized, punctual and efficient. You will also have excellent attention to detail and can effectively meet deadlines whilst maintaining high quality service. This role is available on Full Time, Part Time and Zero Hour basis.
Visit our website and look at this magnificent seaside hotel!
This position offers an attractive salary and the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.