Supervisor-Food & Beverage - Swindon Posting Date
May 11, 2022Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Swindon Marriott Hotel, Pipers Way, Swindon, WILTSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Swindon Marriott Hotel is looking for its next Restaurant and Bar Supervisor!
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated and dynamic Restaurant and Bar Supervisor to join the team. The Cast Iron Bar & Grill, our signature restaurant, serves mouth-watering dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner to both our in-house guests, and local residents. Swindon Marriott hotel is firmly established in the community catering to all guests whether they are enjoying a delicious burger while watching the biggest sports games or want to relax in our tranquil garden with family over an afternoon tea.
Located at the gateway to the Cotswolds, Swindon Marriott Hotel is situated close to the historic Old Town, the Swindon train station, Swindon Designer Outlet and the Steam Museum. This alongside convenient transport links to popular destinations like Bath, Oxford and Stonehenge which makes it the perfect destination to cater for a whole range of guests.
As well as The Cast Iron Bar & Grill, the hotel itself has picturesque views over the gardens and a range of facilities including: a pillarless ballroom, nine conference rooms, and Swindon Marriott Leisure Club, fully equipped with an air-conditioned gym, a steam room and sauna, heated loungers, a beauty salon, and a hairdresser.
Whether you love the smell of coffee in the morning during a busy breakfast service, or prefer making coffee into an espresso martini, at Swindon Marriott Hotel there is plenty of opportunities progress your career in a supportive environment!
As the Restaurant and Bar Supervisor you will...
- Greet and serve guest to the highest standards and respond effectively to complaints
- Be knowledgeable of the food and beverage menu, to offer recommendations
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Work 40 hours per week across various shifts
- Train and manage associates so they are empowered to provide excellent customer service
- Embrace the Marriott culture
- A successful Restaurant and Bar Supervisor is someone who...
- Has previous Food & Beverage serving experience or in similar environment
- Is proactive, reliable and can work alone or in a team
- Is passionate about food and beverage, and creating an exceptional guest experience
- Is an strong communicator (verbal, listening, writing)
- Is a team player
In return for your hard work, the Restaurant and Bar Supervisor will receive...
- Discounted stays at over 8,000 hotels worldwide!
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free use of Leisure Club facilities
- Opportunities to work overtime
- Wellness and mental health programs
- 20 Holiday days, increasing with length of service!
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service
- Private medical cover
- Enhanced pension contributions
- World class training and development
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops and discount in Swindon Designer Outlet
- 150 recommend a friend scheme
- Staff parties
- Free meal on shift
- Free car parking
- Service awards and recognition gifts
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.