Night Manager - Liverpool Posting Date
May 11, 2022Job Number
Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre, One Queen Square, Liverpool, MERSEYSIDE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Start Your Journey With Us
An exciting opportunity to start your career journey with Marriott Hotels. Come and join our Front Office / Night team at the four star Liverpool Marriott Hotels and develop your career while providing a professional and energetic service to our members and hotel guests.
Perks you deserve
- Team-spirited co-workers
- Encouraging management
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Meals on duty
- Generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family
- Employee Assistance Scheme to help guide you through the challenging times in your life.
- Recommend a Friend
- Length of Service Recognition.
- Life Assurance Cover
- Access to the fantastic Marriott UK Benefits Site where you can take advantage of great discounts including, travel, cycle to work, shopping discounts at over 60 major UK retailers and so much more
- Private Medical Plan
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
To maintain a safe and secure hotel for all guests and associates. To ensure the highest level of service is delivered to all guests during the night. To ensure that standards are maintained and improved where possible. To actively contribute to achieving the targets set for the Front Office balanced Scorecard.
- Previous supervision experience and experience working within a Front Office hotel environment preferred
- Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Directly responsible for supervision of staff, GSS/AOS
- Maximise revenue
- Controls and monitors discounts
- Maintaining Brand Standards
- Hotel Credit Policy
- Maintaining Hotel Company
- Control Front Office floats on a shift basis as per policy and procedure
- Customer Focus
- Developing People
- Business Awareness
- Continuous Learning
Education or Certification
Good level of English is essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Provide management cover and operational assistance during the night in the absence of the Management team and the General Manager / Operations Manager in order to ensure seamless delivery of quality service to the standard experienced during the day.
- To control department rotas in accordance with forecasted business and ensure that accurate time sheets are compiled.
- To oversee and, where necessary, carry out the Night Audit function including the provision of systems expertise as laid down by the company requirements.
- To use and operate the Front Office information systems, i.e. MARSHA, Opera and Micros
- Handle walk-in guests, guest concerns and resolve any problems experienced by guests or visitors in the absence of the relevant Manager.
- Be fully conversant with all statutory fire, legal, bomb, health and safety procedures and to take control in the event of an emergency.
- Follow previously determined "on the day" sales strategy in order to achieve maximum optimum rate. Maximise sales through upselling.
- Ensure the security of the hotel, its guests and visitors through regular checks and patrols throughout the night in conjunction with set procedures.
- Maintains Marriott Company SOP's including Brand Standard Audit criteria ensuring standards are achieved during the night.
- Actively working to achieve Green Zone in all areas of Front Office Balanced Scorecard. Support other departments to achieve the same, i.e. Room Service quality, trays in corridors, bar service etc.
- Ensure associates are trained to the company standard including New Hire 90 day training, 15 minute short takes, statutory Fire, Health and Safety and any other training deemed necessary.
- Knowledge and ability to manage productivity of team and address under performance
- Able to carry out all Receptionists/Telephonists duties.
- Ensure all associates within department are conversant with all equipment and systems in use.
- Credit Management: Is fully conversant with hotel credit policy and ensures it is strictly adhered to ensuring minimal losses to the company. Is responsible for daily management of the guest ledger.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the hotels facilities and any promotions taking place so as to offer information to guests.
- Ensure staff are made aware of Health & Safety guidelines so as to ensure safe working practises.
- Communicates clearly and effectively using established channels to ensure interdepartmental communication is maintained.
- Maintains regular checks on all operational areas and to be visible to guest areas.
- Is fully aware of emergency procedures and can co-ordinate hotel evacuation in the event of an emergency.
- To direct and control the night audit to ensure revenue is maximised and that management information is accurate and available in order that guests accounts are correct and the accounts function is efficient and effective. Accurate rate checks in place to maximise revenue and scrutinise all credits to the business.
- To achieve full sellout nights minimizing walk-in guest. Maintain accurate walk log.
- Handle any guest issues or complaints (including walks) in a professional and hospitable manner ensuring they are resolved or followed through.
- Ensure that all associates on duty hold the highest standard of personal hygiene, well groomed and with correct uniform
- All Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and all Controls are adhered to and followed consistently.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.