Maintenance Technician - Swindon Posting Date
May 11, 2022Job Number
Engineering & FacilitiesLocation
Swindon Marriott Hotel, Pipers Way, Swindon, WILTSHIRE, United Kingdom Brand
Marriott Hotels ResortsSchedule
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Swindon Marriott Hotel is looking for its new Maintenance Technician!
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated and handy Maintenance Technician to grow our maintenance team. The Swindon Marriott Hotel is firmly established within the local community, located at the gateway to the Cotswolds and close to the historic Old Town, the Swindon train station, Swindon Designer Outlet and the Steam Museum. This alongside convenient transport links to popular destinations like Bath, Oxford and Stonehenge makes it the perfect destination to cater for a whole range of guests.
The hotel itself has picturesque views over the gardens and tennis courts and a range of facilities including: Cast Iron Bar & Grill, our signature restaurant, a fitness centre, an indoor swimming pool, as well as a steam room and sauna. Our modern hotel also offers a pillarless ballroom, an enchanting garden and nine meeting rooms, ideal for everything from social celebrations to corporate meetings.
As the Maintenance Technician you will...
- Work 40 hours over 5 day
- Install, maintain, and repair items throughout the Hotel and Leisure Club
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work
- Use company reporting system (Transcendent) to perform and report work assigned
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Communicate with customers when necessary to resolve maintenance issues.
A successful Maintenance Technician is someone who...
- Has at least 2 years of related work experience
- Pro-active and reliable
- Can effectively adjust to changes in work tasks or the work environment at short notice
- Is a good communicator (verbal, listening, writing)
In return for your hard work, you will receive...
- Discounted stays at over 8,000 hotels worldwide!
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free use of Leisure Club facilities
- Discount on spa treatments
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- 20 Holiday days (increasing with length of service)
- Company Sick Pay after 6 months service
- World class training and development
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops and discount in Swindon Designer Outlet
- Staff parties
- Free meal on shift
- Free car parking
- Service awards and recognition gifts.
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.