Front of House Manager - York, North Yorkshire
The Grand York
A 6 month maternity cover role, overseeing the day to day running and the strategic planning of delivery of the whole of the Front Office, including Reception, Guest Relations, Night and Concierge areas at The Grand, York ensuring the delivery of exceptional service standards across all areas.
What we are looking for
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Previous managerial experience within a hotel, ideally a Front Office Manager in 5 star or similar property
- High level of IT proficiency
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication
- Commitment to delivering a high level of guest care
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well presented
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
Built in 1906, The Grand is York’s only five-star hotel. Located within York’s city walls and with views of York Minster, the hotel holds an enviable and proud position in the city and local community.
Along with our 207 guest rooms, there’s the award-winning Rise Restaurant, The Rise Bar & Terrace, a state-of-the-art Cookery School, the 1906 Bar & Lounge, our Executive White Rose Lounge, an atmospheric Spa, stunning Meeting and Event spaces and In-Room Dining. Every day is different and memorable at The Grand and we live to create special memories. In 2022 we will be adding our Fine Dining Restaurant and The Courtyard at The Grand, exciting projects that add extra depth & quality to our fantastic product.
What we offer you:
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- A fantastic place to work!
- 28 days holiday
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- A tailored development programme
What happens next:
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes seconds, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid group.
The Splendid Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.