Luggage Porter/Car JockeyLuggage Porter/Car Jockey, The Grand, York
£19,760 per annum.
You must be 25 years or older for this role, in alignment with Insurance policy.
Full and Part-Time roles available.
As a Luggage Porter/Car Jockey you will work alongside the Concierge in maintaining the smooth running of the entrance to the hotel, assisting guests into cars/taxis, providing an accurate and courteous delivery and/or collection of any luggage, parcels or mail and maintaining high standards of customer care at all times.
What we offer you
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- Inclusive culture of family
- Full funded and supported Apprenticeship programmes
- 50% of Food and Beverage in all Splendid Hotels
- £45 Splendid Family room rate discount
- 30% Discounted Friends and Family hotel rates in Splendid Hotels
- Complimentary one night stay at The Grand in Probation
- The Grand Cookery School discount 50% and 25% for friends and family
- Discounted local NCP car parking
- Monthly Pay Day treat
- Visit York discounts
- Star of the month reward and recognition event
- Departmental incentives
- Save money and enhance your wellbeing with Abode
- Retail Trust Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Mental Health First Aiders onsite
- Employee referral scheme
- No split shifts
The Grand was originally built in 1906 as a ‘Palace of Business’ for one of the most powerful railway companies in Edwardian England. The Grand, York is part of Splendid Hospitality Group and only a few minutes' walk from York Railway Station. There are also great bus links from all areas of the city.
Your role in our family:
Our team are the heart and soul of The Grand, without them The Grand is just a beautiful building. We pride ourselves on the warmth of our Yorkshire welcome that each one of our guests receive.
As a Luggage Porter, key to your role:
What happens next
- To be stationed in the lobby area of the hotel to ensure guests receive a warm 5* luxury service and ensure all guest queries are dealt with soon as possible in a polite and professional manner
- To have complete operational knowledge of the hotel and its services as well as local information, offering and sharing intricate knowledge of the local area including restaurants, shops etc.
- To promote and sell the products and services offered by the hotel.
- To assist in parking guests' vehicles in a safe and permitted space.
- To effectively communicate and share information to the benefit of all departments.
- To clearly have the knowledge of both company and hotel procedures; fire evacuation, security, health & safety, bomb threat.
Does the Luggage Porter role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.